Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Varus or Valgus?

When choosing an unloader knee brace there is one thing you have to be certain about....

Which side of your knee the osteoarthritis is on.

Is it the inside (most common) or outside half of your knee?

If it is the inside part of your knee your Doctor may say you have a Varus knee - what is commonly called bowlegged.

When the outside half is worn, the foot tends outwards and this is described as having a Valgus knee. You may call it being knock-kneed.

An Unloading Knee Brace will only work if you get the right one. The wrong one will not only fail to help,it is likely to increase symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment